Things to Do near Our Inn in Traverse City, Michigan
Wind in the Pines is ideally located for a vacation or weekend getaway in Traverse City, offering easy access to all of the following activities and attractions:
- Interlochen Center for the Arts where arts lovers, lifelong learners, and the world’s most talented and motivated young people gather from all over the country and all over the world. Interlochen offers over 600 arts presentations annually by students, faculty and world-renowned guest artists.
- The National Cherry Festival this eight-day festival celebrates the Grand Traverse Region’s most prized fruit, the cherry. Hosted on the shores of Lake Michigan’s Grand Traverse Bay, the festival has been named in USA Today’s Top Ten Festivals three years running, and is often referred to as Michigan’s number-one event.
- Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore is one of almost 400 sites in the US that are considered so special they have been called national treasures and are protected as part of the National Park System. Discover why these 72,000 acres of dunes, forests and beaches were set aside for future generations to enjoy.
- The Traverse City Film Festival presents the best of independent, foreign, and documentary films in several indoor movie houses. The festival also presents free, classic movies on a giant, inflatable outdoor screen overlooking Grand Traverse Bay. Panel discussion with directors, writers, actors, and other members of the film industry are offered daily.
Other Area Activity Resources
- Grand Traverse Lighthouse (Northport)